[ptx] huigin 0.4 installer

spec at webtech.pl spec at webtech.pl
Mon Nov 1 03:37:05 GMT 2004

Douglas Wilkins wrote:

>On Sun, 2004-10-31 at 19:36 +0100, Pablo d'Angelo wrote:
>

>>Yes, thanks! I've just tried it, and it seems to be ok, maybe a
>>check for pano12.dll might be useful.
>>

>Yes it would be useful, alternatively, maybe bundle the pano12.dll with
>the installer, and install only if the dll is not found?

is distributing the pano12.dll without HFOV limitation is now legal?
What's the status of it?

>>The installer could then point users to the right webpage to download the
>>dll, and PTOptimizer/Stitcher.
>>

>A dialog after installation with a brief readme in it?

the windows section of this page would fit ok to me:
http://hugin.sourceforge.net/download/

>>Another thing: What happens if people want to install a new version?
>>
>>Just installing it again, results in overwriting the old files, and leaving
>>old files that have been removed from the distribution?
>>

>It probably needs a check added so that it runs the older version
>uninstall routine first?

I'm not sure I understand why?

>[snip]
>

>>Hmm, maybe the viewer could be included in the hugin installer.
>>but a separate installer and zip file might be useful as well.
>>

>Separate installer is probably more useful

I would make it part of hugin installer, or even better - make it a
section of hugin installer where user could select the viewer only.
Currently hugin section is read-only (install is forced).

--
thanks,
Marek