[ptx] Re: Hugin windows snapshot hugin_2004_07_03-13_53_win32.zip with autopano

J. Schneider j-schneid at web.de
Sun Jul 18 11:45:25 BST 2004

Hello Pablo!

(sorry I wrote to your personal adress by accident and not to the list!
Therefor a little longer quoting from my mail:)

Pablo d'Angelo wrote:
> autopano 1.03beta writes to pano0.pto instead of pano0/pano0.pto (the
> previous autopano did this).

I read about this. But I still don't understand the consequences. When I
look at line 159 I see something concerning _reading_ the resulting file
("Set f = fso.OpenTextFile(autopano_OutputFileName,ForReading)"). The
problem seems to be that this file is not created (I couldn't find any
new *.pto file at all on my disk).

 >> [other problem in previe window:]
>> Precondition violation!
>> basicImage::upperLeft(): image must have non-zero size.
>> (../foreign/vigra/basicimage.hxx:611)
>
> have to check why this happens.
>
>> The integration  of enblend is a really fine and handy thing. But with
>> the current snapshot it fails for some reason:
>>
>> ERROR: (NonaStitcherPanel.cpp:295) Stitch(): Failed to call enblend
>
> Hmm, did you specify the right enblend exe when asked for it?

I believe so: 2004-07-03. Older versions were put into an archive to
prevent confusion. But for some reason I'm promted to locate PTStitcher
again every once a while. Strange.

>> BTW:
>> - Why isn't enblend integration available for stiching with PTStitcher?
>> One might want to choose the stitching capabilities of PTStitcher but
>> also take advantage of the close-to-magic blending of enblend.
>

> Which stitching capabilities do you miss? morphing, or the color adjustment
> of PTStitcher?  nona is really a lot faster than PTStitcher, and the
> remapping itself is the same.

Morphing! A pitty that hugin doesn't support -o and even deletes it if
inserted manually. Most of my panoramas are shot freehand (when hiking i
can't carry a tripod) and morphing is necessary sometimes to make images
fit.

> ciao
>   Pablo

bye