[ptx] Re: Hugin windows snapshot hugin_2004_07_03-13_53_win32.zip with autopano

Ian Sydenham ian_sydenham at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 20 02:44:48 BST 2004

J. Schneider wrote:
> with the current snapshot (hugin_2004_07_16-08_33_win32 on WinXP) and
> autopano_v103beta (12.07.2004) I get the following Error message from
> hugin:
>
> ERROR: (AutoCtrlPointCeator.cpp:47) readUpdatedControlPoints(): Could
> not open autopano output: pano0/pano0.pto
The script file that I provided for autopano integration into Hugin
worked for snapshot hugin_2004_07_03-13_53_win32.zip, but I've been
away for a few days (taking lots of panoramas!) and have not tested it
on the later hugin snapshots until today. I've had a look at it with
hugin_2004_07_16-08_33_win32 and the script no longer works from
within Hugin. I think something is broken in command call from Hugin.
A command window flashes up so quickly I can not read it very easily,
but it says something about "The filename, volume name or syntax is
incorrect". After that dissapears I get exactly the same error
message as you.
The file name "pano/pano0.pto" is a bit of a phantom.
Hugin gives this message whenever it can not find the file it expects
to read after calling autopano, and the filename that it expect to
find (at least for snapshot hugin_2004_07_03-13_53_win32.zip) is
called autopano_result.pto.

> When draging and dropping files onto the script, I receive this one
> from Win Scripting Host after autopano has obviously worked and
> should write the script now:
>
> Skript:   C:\Bilder\Newgale\autopano.vbs   <-|the path of images and
> Zeile:    159                                |script and autopano.exe
> Zeichen:  2
> Fehler:   Die Datei wurde nicht gefunden
> Code:     800A0035
> Quelle:   Laufzeitfehler in Microsoft VBScript
>
> Could anybody tell me, if I did anything in a wrong way? Any conditions
> for path names? Or what is wrong?
The script line is *supposed* to open the output file generated by
autopano so that other lines in the script can add a t0 to the end of
each control point line and write out the result into a file called
autopano_result.pto (which is what autopano expects). The error
message you get suggests that autopano did not create the file.
Does autopano work for you when run directly from the command line?

> I couldn't find any new *.pto file at all on my disk.
I tested drag and drop again with autopano1.03beta and I found the
output file in C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\Mapi\1033\NT. I'm
not sure why it ended up there, I'll have to look in to it a bit more.
Again does autopano work for you when run directly from the command line?

regards,

Ian Sydenham