[ptx] Re: Hugin windows snapshot hugin_2004_07_03-13_53_win32.zip with autopano

Pablo d'Angelo pablo.dangelo at web.de
Sat Jul 17 20:00:16 BST 2004

Hallo J.!

J. Schneider schrieb am Samstag, den 17. Juli 2004:

> Pablo d'Angelo schrieb:
> >great! If they work for other people as well, we should distribute them
> >somehow. Maybe the win-autopano-sift-cmdline could be added to the
> >autopano-sift package.
> >
> >As for the win-autopano1.03, we should probably wait until autopano 1.03
> >is released, maybe the command line parameters change a bit, and the script
> >isn't needed anymore. However, the drag and drop functionality might be
> >nice to
> >have anyway, even for non hugin users auf autopano.
>
> Hello,
> with the current snapshot (hugin_2004_07_16-08_33_win32 on WinXP) and
> autopano_v103beta (12.07.2004) I get the following Error message from hugin:
>
> ERROR: (AutoCtrlPointCeator.cpp:47) readUpdatedControlPoints(): Could
> not open autopano output: pano0/pano0.pto
>
> When draging and dropping files onto the script, I receive this one from
> Win Scripting Host after autopano has obviously worked and should write
> the script now:
>
> Skript:   C:\Bilder\Newgale\autopano.vbs   <-|the path of images and
> Zeile:    159                                |script and autopano.exe
> Zeichen:  2
> Fehler:   Die Datei wurde nicht gefunden
> Code:     800A0035
> Quelle:   Laufzeitfehler in Microsoft VBScript
>
> probably in English:
> Script:   C:\Bilder\Newgale\autopano.vbs
> Line:     159
> Character:2
> Error:    The file was not found
> Code:     800A0035
> Source:   Runtime Error in Microsoft VBScript
>
> Could anybody tell me, if I did anything in a wrong way? Any conditions
> for path names? Or what is wrong?

autopano 1.03beta writes to pano0.pto instead of pano0/pano0.pto (the
previous autopano did this).

> Precondition violation!
> basicImage::upperLeft(): image must have non-zero size.
> (../foreign/vigra/basicimage.hxx:611)

have to check why this happens.

> The integration  of enblend is a really fine and handy thing. But with
> the current snapshot it fails for some reason:
>
> ERROR: (NonaStitcherPanel.cpp:295) Stitch(): Failed to call enblend

Hmm, did you specify the right enblend exe when asked for it?

> BTW:
> - Why isn't enblend integration available for stiching with PTStitcher?
> One might want to choose the stitching capabilities of PTStitcher but
> also take advantage of the close-to-magic blending of enblend.

Which stitching capabilities do you miss? morphing, or the color adjustment
of PTStitcher?  nona is really a lot faster than PTStitcher, and the
remapping itself is the same.