[ptx] possible optimizer bug, filename ordering [Re: bugs - hugin_snapshot_hugin_2004_07_16-08_33_win32.zip]

Pablo d'Angelo pablo.dangelo at web.de
Fri Jul 16 20:31:26 BST 2004

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004, Mike Runge wrote:

> - Something has changed with adding files.
> If I add multiple images and select them with MB1 on first image of the list
> and then Shift MB1 on the last, the sequence in hugin is different.
>
> This was working fine till snapshot hugin_2004_03_25-08_41_win32.zip, so I
> think this one was new together with the new preview. It's not a big deal,
> but can be very confusing.

Hmm, this is very annoying.. I've started to use wxWindows 2.5.2 for the
windows builds, which has lead to this problem. When I find the time, I'll
switch back to 2.4.

> - Default values for lens parameters (a, b, c) are still 0. hugin does not
> optimise these values until they are not edited to 0,01 or so. This was
> already reported. I'm not sure, but I think this behavior is not new - it
> just comes up due to the new defaults.

Ups, overlooked that. I'll take a look at it.. Strangely, the same thing
happens if I just use PTOptimizer on the script. If I set the initial b to
some number significantly different from 0 (0.1 or so), it works, but else
it fails on the command line as well. If I set it to a really small number,
like 0.0001, the b estimate goes berzerk and I get a rms error of ~144,
where

I don't remember the old optimizer did stuff like that, I'm using the new,
panotools 2.7a-2 rpm from bruno's site. Maybe its a bug somewhere inside
the improved optimisation?

> - There is still a problem loading files in several steps (with optimisation
> in between). The later added images will appear as a set with a different
> lens (even if the lens is identical). I haven't found a way to specify the
> lens id with the ui - editing the pto-file and reloading works.

Hmm, yes, it'll compare the exif hfov with the probably optimizied hfov and
will decide that its a different image...

hugin needs a lens dialog and a preferences screen, however, I barely have
the time to fix other bugs.. :-(