[ptx] OSX with XCode

Guillaume Filion gfk at logidac.com
Sat Jul 10 14:27:04 BST 2004

Le 04-07-09, à 19:27, Ippei UKAI a écrit :
> Hello, Guillaume
>
> Cool! Good job!

Well thanks, and good job to you. I would have never tried this if it
wasn't for the work that you've allready made.

> I didn't know Vigra and Boost can be installed through Fink.
> I suppose they are still in the unstable distribution, and that's why
> I couldn't find.

I find it much easier to install them with Fink, but I'm not sure if
the packages include everything needed by hugin...
http://fink.sourceforge.net/pdb/package.php/boost1.31
http://fink.sourceforge.net/pdb/package.php/boost1.31-shlibs
http://fink.sourceforge.net/pdb/package.php/vigra

> But, anyway, the first problem is that there was a big contribution in
> Hugin's CVS after June 29.
> My Xcode stuff is not updated with this change yet. (partly because I
> was waiting for the tree to get stable, and partly because I'm bit
> busy.) So, In order to compile in this Xcode file, you should use cvs
> with -D option, eg
> cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/hugin co
> -D"June 29, 2004" hugin

Ha, ok. It makes more sense with this version of the source code...

> The other thing is that Xcode project on my homepage is made for my
> own environment.
> You should change file paths of external libraries etc. if Xcode is
> displaying the file name in red. (which means file's not found in the
> place)

I still have some libraries with names in red, I guess it's a reason
why I can't compile hugin correctly.

libgdk-x11-2.0.dylib
libwx_based-2.5.dylib
libwx_based_net-2.5.dylib
libwx_based_xml-2.5.dylib
libwx_gtk2d_adv-2.5.dylib
libwx_gtk2d_core-2.5.dylib
libwx_gtk2d_html-2.5.dylib
libwx_gtk2d_xrc-2.5.dylib

XCode says that they were all in /sw/lib on your system, so that would
mean that they were installed by fink. Do you know from what package I
could get them? They seem to be associated with wxMac, did you install
wxMac from source or with fink?

> And also I recommend to copy&paste the result of "wxmac-2.5-config
> --cflags" into Project's other cflags setting.
>
> I think that's the main point. But, there are still many things to be
> changed as well.
>
> 1.
>>     cp /usr/local/lib/libwx_mac_xrc-2.4.so
>> ./src/lib/libwx_mac_xrc-2.4.dylib
> -> should not be needed with wx2.5.

Oops, that's right. I installed wxMac 2.4, realised that you said that
you used 2.5, so I "make uninstall" on 2.4 and "make install" on 2.5.

> 2.
> At the point (June 29), Vigra needs to be patched with file provided
> with Hugin.
> You have to (re)compile then. (which means not very preferable task
> with Fink)

I'm not sure if I get this right. Isn't the patch present in the fink
version? I tought that the patch was only there to make it compile on
OSX, and since the fink version does compile on OSX, I tought that the
patch was not necessary.

> 3.
> This instruction gives you a way to compile Hugin that starts up, not
> Hugin that waorks for you. If you have programming skills, please help
> us porting Hugin to OSX. There are still many stuff to do. (and I'm a
> very beginner as to programming.)

Well the version you provide on your web site does work. It crashes at
random intervals and has many interface quirks, but it works. If I
could run it in XCode's debugger, it would not be hard to figure out
why it crashes so often. As for programming skills, I'm a computer
engineer, so I'm supposed to know about programming. I've done about 5
C++ programming courses in school, but I never worked with graphical
interfaces or XCode. Also, I haven't done any C++ since graduating (a
year ago), so I may be a bit rusted.

Also, do you think that I should try to compile hugin with
"./configure; make" before trying to compile it with XCode?

Thanks a lot for your help,
GFK's
--
Guillaume Filion, ing. jr