[ptx] OSX with XCode

Ippei UKAI ippei_ukai at mac.com
Sat Jul 10 00:27:18 BST 2004

Hello, Guillaume

Cool! Good job!

I didn't know Vigra and Boost can be installed through Fink.
I suppose they are still in the unstable distribution, and that's why I=20=

couldn't find.

But, anyway, the first problem is that there was a big contribution in=20=

Hugin's CVS after June 29.
My Xcode stuff is not updated with this change yet. (partly because I=20
was waiting for the tree to get stable, and partly because I'm bit=20
busy.) So, In order to compile in this Xcode file, you should use cvs=20
with -D option, eg
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/hugin co=20
-D"June 29, 2004" hugin

The other thing is that Xcode project on my homepage is made for my own=20=

environment.
You should change file paths of external libraries etc. if Xcode is=20
displaying the file name in red. (which means file's not found in the=20
place) And also I recommend to copy&paste the result of=20
"wxmac-2.5-config --cflags" into Project's other cflags setting.

I think that's the main point. But, there are still many things to be=20
changed as well.

1.
>     cp /usr/local/lib/libwx_mac_xrc-2.4.so=20
> ./src/lib/libwx_mac_xrc-2.4.dylib
-> should not be needed with wx2.5.

2.
At the point (June 29), Vigra needs to be patched with file provided=20
with Hugin.
You have to (re)compile then. (which means not very preferable task=20
with Fink)

3.
This instruction gives you a way to compile Hugin that starts up, not=20
Hugin that waorks for you. If you have programming skills, please help=20=

us porting Hugin to OSX. There are still many stuff to do. (and I'm a=20
very beginner as to programming.)

   My general e-mail and AIM:  ippei_ukai at mac.com
   Homepage:  http://homepage.mac.com/ippei_ukai/

On 10 Jul 2004, at 03:01, Guillaume Filion wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've been doing panoramas with Apple QuickTime VR Authoring Studio=20
> (QTVR-AS - circa 1998) for some time. QTVR-AS is great, but shows some=20=

> signs of aging. A couple of days ago, I discovered Hugin, which, while=20=

> harder to use than QTVR-AS, is much more powerful. I'm using the=20
> Windows version, but I'd like to use it on my PowerBook G4 running=20
> MacOSX 10.3.4.
>
> So I took a look at the mailing list archive and tried to compile=20
> Hugin on my Mac using XCode. I updated Bruno's instructions as I was=20=

> going:
> -----
> Instructions for compiling hugin on MacOS X 10.3 using XCode
>
> By Guillaume Filion <guillaume at filion.org>
> Based on=20
> http://www.email-lists.org/pipermail/ptx/2004-February/001375.html by=20=

> Bruno Postle <bruno at postle.net>
>
> Dependencies
> =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
>
> - Fink
> Hopefully you can use fink to get most of them:
>
> First you need to add the unstable branch to fink.
> Edit  /sw/etc/fink.conf, add unstable/main  and unstable/crypto to the=20=

> Trees: line, and then run "sudo fink selfupdate; fink index"
> Note that this will update the core packages to their "unstable"=20
> version, which could be pretty long...
> See http://fink.sourceforge.net/faq/usage-fink.php#unstable for more=20=

> infos.
>
> After doing this, run the following commands to download and install=20=

> most of the dependencies. At the time of writing, vigra and boost are=20=

> not available in precompiled form, that's why we need to compile them=20=

> with the "fink install" command rather than the standard "apt-get=20
> install".
>
> sudo apt-get install libjpeg libpng3 libpng-shlibs libtiff zlib fftw=20=

> gdk-pixbuf gdk-pixbuf-shlibs
> sudo fink install vigra boost1.31 boost1.31-shlibs
>
> The only thing left to install is Panorama Tools and wxWidgets for=20
> MacOSX.
>
> - PanoTools
>
> Bruno Postle posted instruction for compiling Linux PanoTools on =
MacOSX