[ptx] OSX with XCode

Pablo d'Angelo pablo.dangelo at web.de
Sun Jul 11 11:13:06 BST 2004

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004, Guillaume Filion wrote:

> Le 04-07-09, à 19:27, Ippei UKAI a écrit :
> >Hello, Guillaume
> >
> >Cool! Good job!
>
> Well thanks, and good job to you. I would have never tried this if it
> wasn't for the work that you've allready made.
>
> >I didn't know Vigra and Boost can be installed through Fink.
> >I suppose they are still in the unstable distribution, and that's why
> >I couldn't find.
>
> I find it much easier to install them with Fink, but I'm not sure if
> the packages include everything needed by hugin...
> http://fink.sourceforge.net/pdb/package.php/boost1.31
> http://fink.sourceforge.net/pdb/package.php/boost1.31-shlibs
> http://fink.sourceforge.net/pdb/package.php/vigra

Hmm, actually the new version of hugin completely includes patched vigra.
however, I have moved stuff around a bit, so the xcode project is probably
broken.

Btw. there the cvs commit messages can be send by email as well, maybe
useful for people that want to know what changes in the sourcecode.

> Also, do you think that I should try to compile hugin with
> "./configure; make" before trying to compile it with XCode?

As OSX is a full blown unix, I think this should work (maybe some tweaks in
the ./configure file are needed, like changing wx_xrc names etc.).

Acutally, the current cvs should compile with fink.
Please tell me what is broken, if you try the ./configure approach (with
the newest cvs version). It also doesn't need any external vigra package
anymore.

Also, see:
http://www.email-lists.org/pipermail/ptx/2004-June/001718.html