[ptx] Release: autopano-sift-1.4 and libsift-1.2, Windows support

Ian Sydenham ian_sydenham at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 4 01:03:05 BST 2004

Sebastian Nowozin wrote:
> as promised for a long long time, here is a Windows installer of my
> autopano-sift package.

Sebastian. Thanks for the new version. I have installed and tested the
windows installer version on Windows 2000 and it (mostly) works. The
issues that I found are:

*Installation*
The link on your website for "GTK# 1.0 Toolkit MS .NET version"
(http://forge.novell.com/modules/xfmod/project/?gtk-sharp) did not
work for me. I instead used a GTK#-1.0 runtime from
http://ftp.novell.com/pub/forge/gtk-sharp/GTK-Sharp%20Runtime/Alpha/gtk-sharp-1.0-runtime.zip

*generatekeys.exe*
Runs well unless a minDim parameter is used that is less than half of
the image width or height (ie scaling is required).
The error message generated is:
Unhandled Exception: System.ArgumentNullException: Key cannot be null.
Parameter name: key
    at System.Collections.Hashtable.ContainsKey(Object key)
    at GLib.ObjectManager.GetValidParentType(IntPtr raw)
    at GLib.ObjectManager.CreateObject(IntPtr raw)
    at GLib.Object.GetObject(IntPtr o, Boolean owned_ref)
    at Gdk.Pixbuf.ScaleSimple(Int32 dest_width, Int32 dest_height,
InterpType interp_type)
    at DisplayImage.ScaleWithin(Int32 dim)
    at GenerateKeys.Main(String[] args)

*showone.exe*
Displays the keys, but crashes on exit.
The error message generated is:
Unhandled Exception: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: type
    at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)
    at GtkSharp.boolObjectEventSignal.boolObjectEventCallback(IntPtr
arg0, IntPtr arg1, Int32 key)
    at Gtk.Application.gtk_main()
    at Gtk.Application.Run()
    at ShowOne.Main(String[] args)

*showtwo.exe*
Displays the image, but the key locations are shown as straight lines
(not circles as in showone.exe).
Crashes on exit like showone.exe
The error message generated is:
Unhandled Exception: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: type
    at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)
    at GtkSharp.boolObjectEventSignal.boolObjectEventCallback(IntPtr
arg0, IntPtr arg1, Int32 key)
    at Gtk.Application.gtk_main()
    at Gtk.Application.Run()
    at ShowTwo.Main(String[] args)

*autopanog.exe*
As you mentioned this crashes on start up.

Ian Sydenham