[ptx] Release: autopano-sift-1.4 and libsift-1.2, Windows support

Sebastian Nowozin nowozin at cs.tu-berlin.de
Sun Jul 4 05:30:45 BST 2004

Hi Ian,

On Sun, Jul 04, 2004 at 09:03:05AM +0900, Ian Sydenham wrote:

> Sebastian. Thanks for the new version. I have installed and tested the
> windows installer version on Windows 2000 and it (mostly) works. The
> issues that I found are:
>
> *Installation*
> The link on your website for "GTK# 1.0 Toolkit MS .NET version"
> (http://forge.novell.com/modules/xfmod/project/?gtk-sharp) did not
> work for me. I instead used a GTK#-1.0 runtime from
> http://ftp.novell.com/pub/forge/gtk-sharp/GTK-Sharp%20Runtime/Alpha/gtk-sharp-1.0-runtime.zip

Thanks, I added that link to the homepage.

> *generatekeys.exe*
> Runs well unless a minDim parameter is used that is less than half of
> the image width or height (ie scaling is required).
> The error message generated is:
> Unhandled Exception: System.ArgumentNullException: Key cannot be null.
> Parameter name: key
>    at System.Collections.Hashtable.ContainsKey(Object key)
>    at GLib.ObjectManager.GetValidParentType(IntPtr raw)
>    at GLib.ObjectManager.CreateObject(IntPtr raw)
>    at GLib.Object.GetObject(IntPtr o, Boolean owned_ref)
>    at Gdk.Pixbuf.ScaleSimple(Int32 dest_width, Int32 dest_height,
> InterpType interp_type)
>    at DisplayImage.ScaleWithin(Int32 dim)
>    at GenerateKeys.Main(String[] args)

Yes, I just tested, and under Windows 2000 I get exactly the same. This bug is
quite critical, because downscaling is important for dealing wiht large image
files. Unfortunately, I do not know how to tackle it, as under Windows XP and
Linux it both works for me, which makes it unlikely to be a bug in my program.
I might file a bug report against gtksharp, though.

> *showone.exe*
> Displays the keys, but crashes on exit.

Yes, do not know why, cannot fix.

> *showtwo.exe*
> Displays the image, but the key locations are shown as straight lines
> (not circles as in showone.exe).

This behaviour is normal. It shows simple correlation between two images.

> Crashes on exit like showone.exe

Unfortunately, I cannot fix this, too. :-(

> Ian Sydenham

Thanks for testing. I will ask the gtk# maintainers to take a look at it, as
they are currently very interested in bug hunting, they might want to give it a
try.

bye,
Sebastian

--