[ptx] New snapshot

Ian Sydenham ian_sydenham at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 2 02:16:59 BST 2004

Pablo d'Angelo wrote:
> Uploaded a build with hugin.exe.
I've downloaded the latest snapshot and tried it out - not
comprehensively yet, but everything I've tried so far is OK with one
proviso when using enblend(see later).
The new control point cursor makes it easier to see what is being
picked now.

> It contains improved ptstitcher/nona dialogs, and removed the unnecessary
> constant remapping in the background, should be useable again. The preview
> window is still a lot slower than the older version, but that will change.
Great. Much faster than the last snapshot and usable again.

> Besides that, enblend can be called directly from hugin now, by selecting nona,
> TIFF output, and enabling the enblend option.
The enblend option is not tolerant of blank spaces in the directory
name for the location of enblend.exe, or for the directory name of the
nona output files. This means that the "normal" windows location for
enblend (something like C:\Program Files\Enblend) is not suitable.
Neither is the usual images folder (something like C:\Documents and
Settings\<user name>\...).
Using something like C:\temp\images for both works fine.

Another tip for other users - if you select the wrong file when
prompted for enblend.exe(as I did) , or want to change where it is
called from, then use regedit to delete the registry key
My Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USERS\Software\hugin\Enblend
then restart Hugin again. You'll be prompted for the location of
enblend.exe again.

Pablo:
Thanks for the continuing work. A possible program enhancement (low
priority, but useful) would be to have some/all of the Hugin registry
information in a "configuration" tab in hugin - making it easier to
change for those not brave enough to dive into the registry.

Ian Sydenham