[ptx] missing mail from PTX?

Bruno Postle bruno at postle.net
Thu Dec 30 17:29:57 GMT 2004

On Thu 30-Dec-2004 at 10:12 -0700, Rob Park wrote:

> I have wxGTK2 packages from http://www.fedora.us/, they work very
> nicely with eg BitTorrent (wxPythonGTK2).

> I'd just like to see the world progress a little here; GTK2 is the
> standard, that I have to use GTK1 on an FC3 system is just silly.

Me too, I'll bug freshrpms to look at it again.

The attraction of Fedora for me is that redhat produce a small
'core' distribution, which is extremely up-to-date - You then
customise this by subscribing to one or more 3rd party RPM
repositories.

The 3rd party channels are incredibly varied (and include a
panoramic photography channel) - Unfortunately the people who manage
fedora.us seem to believe that there Should Be Only One channel for
extras.

--
Bruno