[ptx] missing mail from PTX?

Rob Park rbpark at gmail.com
Thu Dec 30 17:52:37 GMT 2004

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 17:29:57 +0000, Bruno Postle <bruno at postle.net> wrote:
> The attraction of Fedora for me is that redhat produce a small
> 'core' distribution, which is extremely up-to-date - You then
> customise this by subscribing to one or more 3rd party RPM
> repositories.

Yeah, I find yum to be really great with the right repos enabled. To
me the attraction of Fedora is that originally, RH8 was the first
distro to ever successfully detect & use hardware acceleration on my
video card, meaning that it was the only distro that I could easily
get hardware accelerated opengl screensavers working (sure, other
distros could do it, but not without a lot of buggering around). RH9,
FC1, FC2, and FC3 all continued the tradition of being the "easiest to
install with best hardware detection" for the specific hardware that I
have.

> The 3rd party channels are incredibly varied (and include a
> panoramic photography channel) - Unfortunately the people who manage
> fedora.us seem to believe that there Should Be Only One channel for
> extras.

What do you mean by this? fedora.us doesn't seem to have any problems
co-existing with livna, atrpms, and freshrpms (which is what I have
enabled at the moment).

--
One Guy With A Camera
http://rbpark.ath.cx