[ptx] faster stitcher

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Mon Nov 24 09:03:00 GMT 2003

Hallo Pablo,
after copying the vigra-config in my executable path and libvigraimpex.a
to somewhere/lib configuring and compiling of hugin worked fine.

Great to render only the needed pixels. I tested it and obtained
an big speed up. The test consisted of 3 pics only fpr which I obtained
factor  2.7  speed up (65s-PT / 24s-Pablo).

Can You give me an hint where to search inside hugin for the handshake of
the image datas to vigra. I would like to add the missed offsets and look
where it is possible to write in the opened tiff in vigra.

What do You like to do with the *_dist.tif float grayscales?
Does it belong to Your planed credibility map approach?

Good work as usual. Thanks
Kai-Uwe