[ptx] faster stitcher

Pablo d'Angelo pablo at mathematik.uni-ulm.de
Mon Nov 24 07:14:14 GMT 2003

On Sun, 23 Nov 2003, Bruno Postle wrote:

> On Sat 22-Nov-2003 at 06:58:53PM -0500, Ed Halley wrote:
> >
> > And what will you call the new stitcher?  Are there any Norse myths
> > about needle-wielders or seamstresses?  ;)
>
> Well there were the Norns, who weaved the tapestry of fate:
>
>     http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norns
>
> Urd, Skuld & Verdandi.
>
> The Greek and Roman equivalents were the Moirae: Clotho, Lachesis &
> Atropos and the Parcae: Nona, Decima & Morta.

While I'd like to stay with the norse mythology, I think that verdandi
sounds good, but is a bit long to type on the command line. Its good that I
don't belive in them, they would probably cut my life thread because of
the last sentence ;)

Nona sounds interesting, it might also be a good name for an preprocessor like
the one Alexandre is working on, because thats where the "life thread" of a
panorama starts (well, inside the computer at least) ;).

I think Decima might be a good name.