[ptx] faster stitcher

Pablo d'Angelo pablo at mathematik.uni-ulm.de
Mon Nov 24 10:22:53 GMT 2003

Hallo Kai-Uwe!

Kai-Uwe Behrmann schrieb am Montag, den 24. November 2003:

> Great to render only the needed pixels. I tested it and obtained

Actually I still remap all pixels inside a rectangular ROI, so there is
further potential for optimisation :)

> an big speed up. The test consisted of 3 pics only fpr which I obtained
> factor  2.7  speed up (65s-PT / 24s-Pablo).

Its also less memory intense. currently I'm not using temp files. so bigger
panoramas might be a problem.

> Can You give me an hint where to search inside hugin for the handshake of
> the image datas to vigra. I would like to add the missed offsets and look
> where it is possible to write in the opened tiff in vigra.

I think vigra 1.2.0 offers low level access to libtiff, so that should be
possible. The remap function reside in include/PT/, SimpleStitcher.h and
PanoToolsInterface.h.

> What do You like to do with the *_dist.tif float grayscales?
> Does it belong to Your planed credibility map approach?

Thats the distance of each pixel from the image center. I wrote them just
for debugging.

> Good work as usual. Thanks

*g*