hugin on windows

Yili Zhao ylzhao at vip.sina.com
Wed Aug 20 23:54:57 BST 2003

Pablo wrote:
> Actually a reinstall isn't nessecary, its quite easy to remove w32.blaster and install the patch.
Anyway, now I have installed a windowsxp pro version, and it runs well.

> If you build wxwindows with visual c++, then you also have to build hugin with visual c++. I think vc++ and mingw are binary incompatible (different name mangling of symbols in objects and libraries).
Oh, it is terrible. I have compiled wxwindows 2.4.1 successfully using visual c++, and get some .lib and .dll files. I think I should compile it with mingw again. I also read related materials, and it says using mingw has two methods to compile wxwindows: one is direct compile it, and the other is configure. What is configure method?

> I ran into problems because of the buggy support for templates in visual c++. but the homepage of vigra states the its compatible with msvc6.Maybe you have more luck than I...
Maybe vc.net has some good support for templates. In any case, because hugin is a cross-platform project, so I will try mingw as well.

Yili