hugin on windows

Pablo d'Angelo pablo at mathematik.uni-ulm.de
Wed Aug 20 19:09:57 BST 2003

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003, Yili Zhao wrote:

> > If you build wxwindows with visual c++, then you also have to build hugin with visual c++. I think vc++ and mingw are binary incompatible (different name mangling of symbols in objects and libraries).
> Oh, it is terrible. I have compiled wxwindows 2.4.1 successfully using visual c++, and get some .lib and .dll files. I think I should compile it with mingw again. I also read related materials, and it says using mingw has two methods to compile wxwindows: one is direct compile it, and the other is configure. What is configure method?

Its a common way to configure the sourcecode for a particular machine. a
./configure script runs, and checks for platform specific functions, and
configures the sourcecode for that.

I used the ./configure method, but that needs more unix tools on your
machine. cygwin (www.cygwin.org) contains many unix tools, and might be
needed for the ./configure approach. it is probably needed for compiling
hugin as well (the build process needs perl, a gnu make v 3.80 or
newer).

> > I ran into problems because of the buggy support for templates in visual c++. but the homepage of vigra states the its compatible with msvc6.Maybe you have more luck than I...
> Maybe vc.net has some good support for templates. In any case, because hugin is a cross-platform project, so I will try mingw as well.

I do not have access to vc.net, so I cant try. if you have, its worth a
try. then you can also use the debugger of vc.net, which is probably a
lot more comfortable than the commandline debugger (gdb) provided by mingw/cygwin