hugin on windows

Pablo d'Angelo pablo at mathematik.uni-ulm.de
Wed Aug 20 14:52:47 BST 2003

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003, Yili Zhao wrote:

> Hi,
>   my computer has attacked by the latest virus: blaster. I deleted my windows2000, then installed a windowsxp.

Actually a reinstall isn't nessecary, its quite easy to remove
w32.blaster and install the patch.

> So the comile process delayed. I will try to compile wxwindows on windowsxp at night. I read its document, and I determine to use visual c++ 6.0 to compile it. Maybe other methods are also possible, but they are a bit difficult to me. Using visual c++, I think only to open the .dsw file, and use batch build mode, then build. After batch building, I think I can get two version: debug and realease version.
>   Any suggestions?

If you build wxwindows with visual c++, then you also have to build
hugin with visual c++. I think vc++ and mingw are binary incompatible
(different name mangling of symbols in objects and libraries).

I ran into problems because of the buggy support for templates in visual
c++. but the homepage of vigra states the its compatible with msvc6.
Maybe you have more luck than I...