Suggestion for hugin

ylzhao at vip.sina.com ylzhao at vip.sina.com
Tue Aug 12 12:56:05 BST 2003

Hi,

> Oh, its not that hard. If mingw and wxwindows is installed and compiled.
  What version about mingw and wxwindows you use? I will download them and install them om my computer.

> $ ./configure --platform=win32
> $ make
It seems easy ^_^

> Unfortunately all my windows builds of hugin seem to crash quite soon.
> I'm not so sure why, but I don't have much spare time for programming left, so I have to do the important (for me) stuff first.
> once a reasonable level of functionality has been archived I will try to
> figure out the problems, and provide windows binaries.
I hope for that. But I also think it is important that hugin can run properly in one platform, so migrate to other platform becomes easier.

> Are you interested in contibuting code to hugin? or do you "just" ;) > want to use it.
I want not only to use it, but also to contribute it. What I am affraid is that you said you use template to do image processing task. However, I do not know template programming.

> No, I'm just using emacs. one can argue if its an ide or not ;)
I know that in Linux there are some GUIs, like Kylix, but it seems that Kylix are not compatible with GCC compiler.

> I tried to compile hugin with visual c++, but it failed, because the image processing library I'm using heavily depends on templates. Visual C++ 6.0 (which I have access to) is just to buggy in that area.
I also use Viscual C++ 6.0. Maybe I can use it to coding, and use Mingw to compiling. I find that pano12.dll is also compiled by Mingw.

> Oh, I tried studying physics once, and I'm still using my old email address. I'm studying computer engineering now, currently doing my thesis at the research labs of DaimlerChrysler, in Ulm, Germany.
I also studying computer engineering now, and also doing my thesis at my school lab, in Kunming city, China.

Yili