separate optimize frame

Pablo d'Angelo pablo at mathematik.uni-ulm.de
Fri Aug 8 13:50:30 BST 2003

Hi!

I'm currently implementing a optimizer frame, a window with optimizer
controls similar to the other PT frontends. It should be faster to use
than the current optimize setting, which are distributed across 3 tabs.
I'll check it in on the weekend.

I think we can then remove the optimize stuff from ImagesPanel and keep
only the linking in LensPanel. Kai-Uwe, what do you think?

I have started to implement load/save. I'd like to use an xml format similar
to the one bruno used for xpt.
Unfortunately, wxwindows doesn't include a xml parser. I could probably
access the expat parser used privately by xrc somehow, but I'd like
to use a DOM and not a SAX interface to xml. I do not want to add yet
another dependancy. well, maybe the xml library from gnome could be used.
Afaik, it is standalone and does not depend on other gnome libs. I'm
not sure about windows and mac compatability, though.
What do you think?