separate optimize frame

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Fri Aug 8 14:40:11 BST 2003

Am 08.08.03, 12:50 +0200 schrieb Pablo d'Angelo:

> Hi!
>
> I'm currently implementing a optimizer frame, a window with optimizer
> controls similar to the other PT frontends. It should be faster to use
> than the current optimize setting, which are distributed across 3 tabs.
> I'll check it in on the weekend.
>
> I think we can then remove the optimize stuff from ImagesPanel and keep
> only the linking in LensPanel. Kai-Uwe, what do you think?

For the linking in tab one I aggree certainly. It can go.
A own optimizer tab would emphasise the whole thing. I want to make this
stuff obsolete, once I have enough feeling of the optimize process. But
some time I would need for this change ;-)

> I have started to implement load/save. I'd like to use an xml format similar

Very welcome. :-) Can we load save the panotools internal ascii format as
well (to be able to exchange with with other gui s) ?

> Unfortunately, wxwindows doesn't include a xml parser. I could probably
> access the expat parser used privately by xrc somehow, but I'd like
> to use a DOM and not a SAX interface to xml. I do not want to add yet

Maybe on http://www.easysw.com/~mike/mxml/ You will find what You
are looking for. The developer says it runs under mac/unix/win.

Kai-Uwe