A critique of the ptgui interface

Kai-Uwe.Behrmann@VHBAC.SMF.SACHSEN.DE Kai-Uwe.Behrmann@VHBAC.SMF.SACHSEN.DE
Thu, 18 Apr 2002 09:38:43 +0200

Hi,
Bruno, did You use any tool for scetching Your mockup?
The CP-dialoge locks fine in the mockup. I hope we can load even large
images in these windows without swapping.

I tried ptgui last evening and found it has most of the things I was
thinking about, just in an other style. The way the user is going trough
windows let nothing been hidden, but the newbee see many things he will not
need.
On thing I like really much is the possibillity to open the preview-window
indepentendly from the selected tools and see there all the changes of the
entered parameters. This gives a nice feeling to get an good overview over
the work-in-progress, as often seen in photoshop, gimp and most of the
X-applications. If one can take single windows an put them on the desktop as
he like and bring them back to the mainwindow on the place we think its the
right position for this step, we had both: an step by step tool and
selectable tools in every order on the desktop.
While changing especially the positional parameters ( yaw, roll, pitch and
fow ), a quickly updating of the selected picture in the preview would be
nice. Can these positional parameters obtain sliders? It should be as well
possible to drag on picture to the right position with the mouse.

Kai-Uwe Behrmann
over the day mailto:Kai-Uwe.Behrmann@vhbac.smf.sachsen.de