[OccupySheffield] Unemployed / 'Mandatory Work' Scheme

marknbarrett at googlemail.com marknbarrett at googlemail.com
Sun Jan 8 08:34:03 GMT 2012

In terms of a strategic focus for Occupy UK generally, or for May actions in particular ( and following earlier discussions on the idea for an 'unemployed and precarious/diverse other workers' union' ):                               I want to draw your attention to today's news (eg it's all over the Sunday Times) outlining the coalition's detailed new welfare for work plans.        This has been on the horizon for some time, is huge  and we need to get our act together on it asap.                                  I don't see Ed Miliband opposing it effectively and constructively but Occupy, in combination with the formation of such a union could def put forward an alternative, and economically productive programme that is genuinely liberating. I hope this issue gets raised in Sheffield and elsewhere
Sent from phone