[OccupySheffield] [Occupy London] Re: [INT] Fwd: [Squares] MAYDAY! MAYDAY!

John Bywater john.bywater at appropriatesoftware.net
Sun Jan 1 19:26:42 GMT 2012

On 31 December 2011 21:56, Ragnhild Freng Dale <ragnhildfd at gmail.com> wrote:

> Woo revolution =) but things need to be in place etc in terms of structure
> before it happens. Can we do a meet/ga/working group about this ASAP? Like
> - 7th of January (saturday?)

Sounds good. Nothing is currently planned for Saturday. Perhaps we could
plan to have a Democracy GA, with this as the discussion.

Perhaps we could also revisit the Democracy WG initial statement, which I
think was basically fine apart from:

1. Don't amend the initial statement, but issue a separate statement.

2. Don't "call" for people hold people's assemblies, but rather "encourage"
people to hold assemblies (IMHO a rather odd distinction, which might not
actually still be necessary).

3. The so-called Outreach group wanted to go first D15? or something (but
they did that now so Democracy WG should not experience this impediment).

The GA might then be:

- consensus decision with amendments of the proposed initial statement
about people's assemblies from the Democracy WG (amended based on extensive
feedback from when it was blocked)
- discussion about the call for a permanent strike

How does that sound?

We can modify but it would be good to start getting something in place for
Sat.

Best wishes,

John.