[OccupySheffield] Occupy Sheffield on the Internet, was: Re: Some notes of past GA meetings

Chris chrisc at indymedia.org.uk
Sat Nov 26 15:33:58 GMT 2011

Hi

On Sat 26-Nov-2011 at 02:19:50PM +0000, Joe wrote:
> I don't understand(!) I got as far as 'email the typed
> up notes/minutes to occupysheffield at email-lists.org ...
> Have you (Chris) then been editing the wiki to have them
> there, then tweeting a link to the from @OccupySheffield
> ?

Yes. The notes are here:

- https://occupywiki.org.uk/Sheffield#Meetings

Anyone can create an account on the wiki and then add
notes of meetings, if the person taking the notes has a
laptop with net access they can type them directly to the
wiki as the meeting is happening, this saves typing them
up afterwards. However using a bit of paper is what
generally what happens and then some of the bits of paper
get typed up, more help with this is needed as it's time
consuming work.

> Does everyone know what the different email addresses
> lists are/what they're for/who sends and receives from
> them?

Probably not ;-)

info at occupysheffield.org.uk is an alias for a number of
personal email accounts, it's for private correspondance
with Occupy Sheffield.

occupysheffield at email-lists.org is for public discussions,
anyone can join this list, and it has public archives:

> Does everyone know what the @OccupySheffield twitter
> account is for, who's tweeting from it, and about what?

The twitter account is for tweeting ;-)

A number of people have access to the accout via their
phones and / or computers, it's been used for news about
the camp and global news about the Occupation Movement:

https://twitter.com/occupysheffield

Also it can be accessed via StatusNet:

https://indy.im/occupysheffield

And indy.im also archives all the tweets from people
@OccupySheffield follows:

https://indy.im/occupysheffield/all

> Does everyone know what the occupysheffield.org site is
> being used for, and who does it, vs. what the
> occupywiki.org.uk/Sheffield is for and who does that?

The https://occupysheffield.org/ site is being used for
new from Occupy Sheffield, several people have access to
the Occupy Sheffield account on the site and have been
using this to update the site.

The wiki, https://occupywiki.org.uk/Sheffield is being
used for internal documentation about Occupy Sheffield and
general UK Occupation info etc. Anyone can create an
account on the wiki and get stuck in.

> I'm not totally sure of all of these, and it might be
> worth clarifying a bit(?)... unless I'm the only one
> who's a bit lost.
>
> Amazing effort by the way, Chris. All looking great.

Cheers, it's not all my work! Hope that makes things
clearer?

All the best

Chris