[OccupySheffield] I think this warrants serious consideration

Mike Evison sunset74 at btinternet.com
Sat Dec 24 18:35:49 GMT 2011

The following email from Rick B needs serious consideration because at present the unemployed and the disabled have no official representation and have become the whipping boys for the Con-Dem government who are the 1% representatives.
They are all in vulnerable situations and have no way of defending their rights, what ever they may be at this present time. If they are left to wither and die through ignorance from those who are still fortunate, then another group will be chosen to be picked off and so the process will go on until we have no rights in this country.
Mike

Rick B email:Hi camp,I'm fed up with being unemployed and disabled and being pushed and pulled by rich politicians. I'm trying to make contact with someone from the Unemployed Workers Union, do you have any contacts? If there are no Sheffield branches, it is something I am considering setting up. Would there be support for such a union within your camp?It strikes me that the unemployed and disabled are getting trampled on more than any other group in society due to not having adequate representation. The mainstream unions are pretty much looking after their members and not representing the interests of the less well off. The mainstream political parties are all 'in it together' with the bankers and multi-nationals. Maybe 3 million angry unemployed and disabled people in union and on a mission will send them a message hard to forget.Thanks, happy XmasRick