[OccupySheffield] I think this warrants serious consideration

marknbarrett at googlemail.com marknbarrett at googlemail.com
Sat Dec 24 19:25:43 GMT 2011

Hey Rick B and Mike - I agree 100% with this. It's exactly what Occupy UK should be focusing on imo. The right to decent, liberating and well paid work for everyone goes to the very heart of what will one day make a great, productive and enlightened society. I know there was an unemployed workers union of some kind (possibly of SWP origin) coming out of Salford and Manchester a while back but what's needed now is something high profile, ambitious and r'evolutionary -  just the kind of thing Occupy should be generating on a national level. Personally I would happily flier at my local job centre and do other local activities on this front. Also the universal benefit initiative of IDS will need a collective response. Mark B  PS I wrote a short piece on the future of work ( in a real democracy ) earlier this year, here:  http://righttowork.org.uk/2011/07/real-democracy-and-the-future-of-work/ which people may or may not agree with!   ;-)
Sent from phone