[OccupySheffield] unemployed workers union

Rick B soisthesun at gmail.com
Sat Dec 24 17:43:00 GMT 2011

Hi camp,
I'm fed up with being unemployed and disabled and being pushed and pulled
by rich politicians. I'm trying to make contact with someone from the
Unemployed Workers Union, do you have any contacts? If there are
no Sheffield branches, it is something I am considering setting up. Would
there be support for such a union within your camp?
It strikes me that the unemployed and disabled are getting trampled on more
than any other group in society due to not having adequate representation.
The mainstream unions are pretty much looking after their members and not
representing the interests of the less well off. The mainstream political
parties are all 'in it together' with the bankers and multi-nationals.
Maybe 3 million angry unemployed and disabled people in union and on a
mission will send them a message hard to forget.
Thanks, happy Xmas
Rick