[OccupySheffield] Challenge from Clergy

David Kirkham davidkirkham at live.co.uk
Sat Dec 24 12:20:28 GMT 2011

Lay out what we have done that is constructive in our view;

choosing a prominent position in the city centre on Church St, opposite RBS and other banks, near large high st tax avoiding retailers that can be easily accessed via public transport and by people with mobility issues;
engaging with the city via being in such a prominent location, inviting the city to talk to us, to visit the camp and share their views, suggestions and ideas, a site that can be easily accessed by local community groups, charities, businesses and church leaders if they wish to take the time to do so;
engaging with the city, the nations and the world online;
engaging with the country via the national conference in January;
putting a spotlight on the approach of local business and the local church via responding to their statements and letters in public forums such as local media, online media and GAs;
engaging in direct action against banks and tax avoiders, helping to put forward alternatives to the immediate and detrimental threat of cuts;
staging public talks and workshops relating to the issues facing society and our world, educating, informing, sharing ideas with people.
Please feel free to add more.

Ask him why he is unhappy for the constructive step of holding a national Occupy conference to take place.

Then ask Bradley what he views as 'constructive' in his own context and viewpoint.

David

Occupy