[OccupySheffield] Christmas Carols for Corporate Scrooges, 1pm, Saturday, 17th December

Chris chrisc at indymedia.org.uk
Mon Dec 12 22:54:41 GMT 2011

Hi

This event has been added to the wiki:

- https://occupywiki.org.uk/wiki/Sheffield/Timetable#Christmas_Carols_for_Corporate_Scrooges

Chris

Christmas Carols for Corporate Scrooges

Don your bustles, bonnets, top hats and muttonchop
whiskers as you join us on a merry Christmas carol tour of
Old Sheffield Town to visit the tax avoiding, money
siphoning ghosts of Christmas past and present.  But do
they have to be the ghosts of Christmas future?

We'll drop by on good old English, sorry, 'off-shore'
institutions, wave to dear old Mr Green the penny pinching
tailor and haberdasher then drop by a few venerable old
moneylenders to see if they can give a figgy pudding and
half a ninepence for the Bob Cratchit's who bailed them
out.

And did we mention we'll be dishing out mince pies?  But
be quick to get them! Georgie Porgie Osborne might show up
to suck all the fillings out; he's such a naughty boy.

Let's meet up at the Occupy Sheffield camp on Church St at
1pm, Saturday, 17th December...

  "Tax dodging is now a highly organised, aggressive,
  abusive business – a deep-seated, pervasive, pernicious
  disease that infects our body politic and eats away at
  society.”  Richard Murphy, Tax Research UK

  "Even those banks who did not take capital from
  governments clearly benefited (and continue to benefit)
  from these actions. We are grateful for them, and our
  behaviour should acknowledge that benefit.’" John
  Varley, former CEO Barclays