[OccupyComms] Inter-Assembly Comms Invitation

Mark Barrett marknbarrett at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 8 08:01:24 GMT 2012

Hey Everyone in Occupy/15M UK !

[Pls forward this info to your local assembly tech team!]

*Inter-Assembly Comms*

This message is about a global platform to encourage clean, transparent and
reliable communication between Assemblies (nationally and internationally).
Initially this has two simple elements, and we recommend your local
assembly engages with both of these.

*Full info attached, and also at
**peoplesassemblies.org/newswire*<http://www.peoplesassemblies.org/newswire>
* *
**
Best wishes!

*PS. some brief further info for the curious:*

During March we are getting initial subscriptions and testing the system
before rolling out in time for May. So far we have London, and a number of
Assemblies in the Netherlands, Spain, Denmark and the US on board, with
much interest elsewhere. The two platforms are:

- a simple email list (subscription details are attached and see details at
link)
- an open source RSS feed-based newswire

To participate in the newswire, you need to set up a new category on your
local (official) assembly blog and then send us the RSS feed to
pan-owner at lists.takethesquare.net

Then, whenever a post is made by your local assembly under that category it
will feed (as open source content) to a global platform and link
subscribers back to your web-site. Posts will be organised by continent,
country and region and if your local blog uses the tags as recommended (see
link for full info) also by topic (eg corporations, work, economics and so
forth). It's as simple as that!

Full details on both these platforms are in the attached word document, and
also at the link: www.peoplesassemblies.org/newswire

Our next team meeting is Monday 12th March 1730GMT on Mumble Take the
Square Server Global Assemblies room. Mail crdlondon at gmail.com for more
info.

Please kindly send this message to your local tech team so we can get the
ball rolling faster on this important initiative...!