[OccupyComms] [OccupySheffieldPrivate] Occupy Isle of Wight Action

info at occupybrighton.co.uk info at occupybrighton.co.uk
Thu Mar 29 18:44:32 GMT 2012

Hey all - this report from IOW is really good to hear. I haven't been
involved in the national comms much yet - liased with lsx a little
here n there - been focused recently on getting better local comms
/soldarity - but not sure if anyone from Brighton's in touch with you
on this list.

There's also been a lot of no-man's land feeling in Brighton I think,
though understanding this article has lightened the mood somewhat
amongst the small group of us still organising events GAs etc.
http://www.activistpost.com/2012/03/combating-delphi-technique-and-occupy.html

After reading this and some discussion, a few of us have been stuck in
putting on film screenings in public places - we showed some anti-war
shorts on the side of Barclays last Saturday night, we're doing the
ODEON cinema on the seafront this Saturday, with a vote on our fb page
to decide which film. :)

We have various WGs set up by various people, but each with their own
political agendas/problems, as I'm sure you have all also been
experiencing. Breaking out into smaller "webs of trust" to initiate
action seems the shorthand to describe the sort of groups I'm talking
about...thoughts etc gratefully received

Finally, on a related tip, has anybody seen the thing Birmingham have started?

http://tinyurl.com/c9c5yp8

Best solidarity/comms initiative I've seen yet :)

All the best,

Ben

Occupy Brighton