[OccupyComms] Civilian Support / George Carlin / Occupy your Brain

Mark Barrett marknbarrett at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 4 08:58:42 GMT 2012

These three came through on the Occupy London Groupspace and I thought them
worth sharing..

A> 3 mins of George Carlin
If you haven't seen it yet,  saying it like it is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acLW1vFO-2Q&feature=related
B> Occupy Your Brain
On Education - highly recommended:
http://coopcatalyst.wordpress.com/2012/03/01/occupy-your-brain

C> Civilian Support proposal

"I believe such an organization could bring back pride to an otherwise
hopeless society."
Name *Isaac XXXXXX
Email *XXXXXX
Title *an open letter
 Details
An open letter to the occupy movement and lawful rebellion groups:

This letter is an open invitation to change this country, for decades the
country has been falling into a well of corporatisation and Orwellian
ideals, this must be stopped. But how do you change a system based on an
ideal, the only answer is you can’t. It seems many people are sat around
waiting and hoping things will improve, many more are afraid to act, the
system is large, the system is un accountable, the system is frightening.
We cannot hope to change the system through demand or infiltration. But we
can hope to create a system of our own. To this end I would like to propose
the instantaneous development and deployment of a country wide civilian
support group.

The civilian support group would act as a lifeline for people in need; it
would consist of any member of society who wishes to help others. Taking on
the role of the now under funded and over worked citizens advice bureau,
with members across the country, each city and town would have it’s own
autonomous branch to work for the needy in their community.

This group will be a phone call, email or letter away from any one in need,
giving free advice and support to people facing repossession, unlawful
dismissal, forced workfare and any other civil issues that may arise as a
result of the government’s strict adherence to capitalist ideals. This
group would also serve as the face of the people, representing the will of
society in the streets, the group would promote community pride, support
community action and charity, Give the people a voice.

Acting as a friendly presence on the streets of Britain, the civilian
support group would be first aid trained and able to help anybody who is
injured or ill, the group would be active participants in community groups
and charities, the groups would promote community spirit and support small
local businesses over corporate giants. As such the mandate of such a group
would be:

1. To offer support and advice to all in need.

2. To protect the meek, ill and injured.

3. To promote community spirit.

4. To support community groups and community action.

5. To provide a friendly presence in the community.

6. To represent civilians in need.

7. To represent the community.

8. To set an example for the community.

9. To set an example to the government.

I believe such an organization is needed now more than ever, I believe such
a group can make a difference. I believe such an organization could bring
back pride to an otherwise hopeless society.

we can do something, we must do something, we will do anything for a better
tomorrow.

please share