[OccupyComms] Occupy UK Film idea

OccupyBrighton-Info info at occupybrighton.co.uk
Mon Dec 12 15:28:08 GMT 2011

Hello all,

I am trying to set up a collaborative film project with the aim of
creating a documentary about the Occupy movement in the UK.

Below you will find links to an outline of how I see the film being
structured, which of course is open to discussion and change. In fact
the aim is to make it representative of the movement as a whole within
this country and the more input the better.

There are two reasons I think this will be a useful tool in our campaign
to make things better.

1) It is a point of focus which will help us get to an end point and
discussing/researching the film content will help pull ideas and refine
them.
2) When finished it will be a great promotional tool along with a great
way of presenting what we stand for to the general public.

My initial idea was to have an 'Occupy Cinema' day where we get local
cinemas to show a collection of films that have covered some of the
issues. Like "The Corporation", "Who killed the electric car" from the
docu/film side along with some of the great mini-series that have been
on BBC/C4 recently. Finishing off with the main feature, this film.

It could also be a money spinner to bring in cash to help better fund
the organization as a whole.

I'm happy to lead the project, at least until someone more capable is
found. My main strengths are editing/grading and post production stuff.

So what do you think, anyone up for it? If so maybe we should set up a
mailing list somewhere.

Editable version
http://piratepad.net/59wW9eHuHk

Read Only version
http://piratepad.net/ep/pad/view/ro.8f2$j1a1fbh/latest

Feel free to forward this to anyone else who might be interested.

Jon from Brighton, though this idea is just from me and not on the
behalf of the Occupy Brighton group.