[meersbrook-house] re long emails

Joyce M Bullivant 1duckweed at live.co.uk
Fri Sep 26 14:04:22 GMT 2014

Our biggest problem is that we are discussing things that had already been discussed and decided. Hopefully when there is an agreed committee etc this will stop.
No matter what the good intentions are, decisions by email are not the best way to do things. Nor because someone wasn't at a particular meeting when a decision was made is that a good reason to request changes. Nothing is going to be perfect and a quest for perfection causes stress and delays decisions for very little gain.
Surely the main aim is to present the Council with some viable alternatives to selling the House to developers? What the council said or didn't say makes little odds if we can come up with a good argument.
I have just been talking to Council development officer for Castlegate and from what I gather the general mood within the Council is that they are open to good useful suggestions and are even prepared to experiment.
We seem to be convinced we are going to hit the Council head on and start reaching for restrictive covenants. We do not know that. Lets concentrate on putting an argument for usage that the Council can live with.

Joy