[meersbrook-house] Planning for September's public meeting

Laura Holmes laura at b4wd.org.uk
Mon Jul 7 21:09:10 GMT 2014

Hi all,

The Public Meeting Working Group met last week and we have put together the
attached proposal for discussion at our Steering Group meeting this
Wednesday 9th July (7:30pm at the Pavilion). It would be great if everyone
could have a look before the meeting and come armed with thoughts /
questions.

There were a few items that came up during our discussion that we thought
should be discussed by the full Steering Group, rather than our smaller
group, so we would like to put these forward to be included on the agenda on
Wednesday.

*         Pin down the consensus around the aims and objectives, taking into
account different people's interests in the project (reclaiming MH,
preventing disturbance to local residents, replacing Pavilion etc)

*         Agree a name!

*         Outline of roles and structure of the group e.g. Management
Committee plus possible Sub/Working Groups (Communication (website,
discussion board), Fundraising, Business Planning/Feasibility etc)

*         Confirmation of how initial costs for meetings etc will be met
(through MPUT?)

*         Admin and Record keeping - e.g. numbers and demographics of
meeting attendees - (all funding bodies ask for this information)

*         Set a date for Steering Group / members meeting to take place
after Public Meeting (and publicised there) with the expectation that a
Management Committee will be elected and Mandate for the group agreed.

Best regards,

Laura.

---