[esocialaction] open movie project - and mini-media?

Thompson, Steve S.D.Thompson at tees.ac.uk
Mon Aug 22 21:19:16 BST 2005

David et All,

I'm very keen on alternative means of video that don't take masses of memory, ages to edit and cost the earth. I often shoot short videos with my £150 digital stills camera. Webcams are cool capture devices too. We've developed a media archive here for people to attach media files to blogs or just exhibit them. I've also been messing with Real Media. I know it's a depreciated file format but I keep coming back to it. It's interesting how you can script the order media clips play in so thereby it must be possible to create a running order of shorts scenes on the fly

Steve Thompson
Community Media Coordinator
Department of Academic Enterprise
University Of Teesside
T-  01642 384567
M-  07860 374 047
E-  s.d.thompson at tees.ac.uk
www.neukol.org.uk (web)
www.neukol.co.uk (intranet)

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may be privileged.  It is intended solely for the use of the addressee and others authorised to receive it.

If you are not the intended recipient, please note that any circulation or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify me immediately by telephone or by e-mail.

The Department of Academic Enterprise makes every effort to ensure that this e-mail and any attachments are sent virus free. However, it is the responsibility of the recipient to perform any checks they deem necessary.