[esocialaction] open movie project

Yuwei Lin yuwei at ylin.org
Fri Aug 19 15:49:40 BST 2005

Hi All,

Glad to hear so many positive responses.

I think a historical documentary or a ficitional film but based on true
story) is quite appropriate than any other form of film for enforcing a
community-based technology in that through bringing people together to
tell their stories on a specific topic, we can engage the collective
memories and further fortify a community on that. With open source
software, we will be less restricted to software patents and other
technological-related issues. I really look forward to seeing the
development of this idea.]

As to funding, actually we could take the opportunity of the 5th call of
EU FP6 IST (see the links below for more information).

http://www.cordis.lu/ist/

http://fp6.cordis.lu/fp6/call_details.cfm?CALL_ID=55

http://www.cordis.lu/fp6/faq_ist_call5.htm
(FAQs on general questions for IST proposal submission)

It might be a bit tight now, but I believe that we could still make it
if we like. It would also make things easier if anyone on the list is
experienced with this type of bid and would like to lead the proposal
(i.e. be the coordinator).

If we can't make this call, would the T&SA programme support this project?

Best wishes,
yuwei

--
Yuwei Lin | yuwei at ylin dot org