[Bins] Image size reduction

Jason Wright peewee at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 09:37:28 BST 2005

On 6/20/05, Satya <bins at thesatya.com> wrote:
> And that's another thing. I wonder if there might be ways to speed up
> the run time of bins, as it is it takes waaay too long on my 52M ~840
> image repository.

One thing that I've been meaning to patch in, but have never gotten
around to is to add a command line option to bins to disable updating
the image html pages if the corresponding image or .xml file has not
changed since the last run.  With my current 3026 source images, album
generation speed would be vastly improved.  Also, the rsync onto my
webserver over my slow DSL line would also be faster since I wouldn't
have to upload the .html files because the date stamp changed.  It
should be simple enough to add based on file mtime, but after working
all day, I'd rather not be in front of a computer at night.  :)

Jason

--
email: peewee at scc.mi.org useless: http://www.scc.mi.org/peewee/ aim: antipwe
"her mom didn't know we were going out, and was worried that I was a rapist,