[Bins] Image size reduction

Satya bins at thesatya.com
Mon Jun 20 19:15:01 BST 2005

On Mon, Jun 20, 2005 at 07:53:59PM +0200, Nicolas wrote:
>On Mon, Jun 20, 2005 at 06:20:40PM +0100, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
>> You probably mean the "deExifyImages" option.  It's currently broken,
>> though, but I posted a patch in
>> https://www.email-lists.org/pipermail/bins/2005-June/000229.html

That's probably what I want.

>BTW, I always use convert when the album is generated. I use convert to:
>- add my signature in the right-lower part of the picture

Heh, I use convert to add a note to the top left stating the date and a
short description. But that is done before the picture goes in the bins
source repository (fancy name for directory, hehe).

>- to sharpen small images

I'd rather see the images as I convert them. Don't want over-sharp
images.

>- to reduce the size of "original pictures"

You mean resize for thumbnails? Or down from the ridiculously large
JPEGs some cameras put out? (Ridiculous from my amateur point of view --
I'm sure professionals need that level of quality).

>For the moment, I use a shell script to do that. I launch it before the
>night, and when I wake up, the album is ready to burn on a DVD! ;-)

And that's another thing. I wonder if there might be ways to speed up
the run time of bins, as it is it takes waaay too long on my 52M ~840
image repository.

--
Satya. http://www.thesatya.com/
Drop your carrier ... we have you surrounded!