[Bins] Rotated picutre sizes

Neilen brick at adept.co.za
Thu Jun 26 06:37:34 BST 2003

Hi.

One of my pet hates are picture galeries that force you to scroll while
watching pictures.  Which is why I was very glad that Bins treats
absolute picture width/height's as maximum numbers.  This means, that if
a picture is rotated to be a portrait, it will be scaled down more, and
still fit on your screen if landscape pictures did.

Except, this only seems to work for source pictures that are rotated.  I
have since stopped rotating my orginal pictures, because I prefer to
keep the original picture as it came from my camera untouched. So I now
use bins-edit to set the orientation of the picture.

Unfortunately, bins seems to apply its width/height constraints before
it rotates the picture. Is there a way to get Bins to apply the size
constraints after rotation?

Thanks
Neilen

Neilen <brick at adept.co.za>