Munin install WAS Re: [SlugBug] net-snmp-utils probs

Bill Best bill.best at commedia.org.uk
Sun Jun 25 17:56:35 BST 2006

Hi Sriram

Hope this email formats ok - I'm currently in an internet café in
Barcelona.  Please see below:

Sriram C sriramc at ivycomptech.com wrote:

> Hi Bill:
>
> Could u please send me the repository list entry in you
> /etc/apt/sources.list.   I am using a RHEL 3 version.  I don't seem to have
> the correct repository server.  So my "apt-get install perl-Date-Manip
> perl-Time-HiRes perl-LWP-Simple" fails.
>
> Thx
>
> Sriram C

Ok, please try following the instructions here to update your repositories:

http://dag.wieers.com/home-made/apt/FAQ.php#B

There are also some good instructions here on the SlugBug wiki about Munin:

https://wiki.slugbug.org.uk/Installing_Munin

But if all else fails then please add this directly to your
/etc/apt/sources.list and run apt-get update:

http://apt.sw.be/redhat/el3/en/

Hopefully that should work.  Unfortunately I do not have easy access
to my servers so I can check my set-ups.  If I've made an obvious
mistake above then somebody else on the list might pick this up.

Please get back in touch and let me know how it goes.

All the best

Bill