[SlugBug] Access Space : 2 new posts

Jim Prevett jp at lowtech.org
Fri Jun 23 18:51:58 BST 2006

*Access Space *has two new job opportunities. Based in the centre of
Sheffield, Access Space is the UK's first “Free Media Lab”. We are an
open-access digital reuse centre where participants learn, create and
communicate. We use Free Software with recycled computers to develop
skills, creativity and community. We have received funding through Big
Lottery Fund to develop a recycled Mobile Media Lab and a community
learning programme We require two new members of staff to develop and
implement this innovative programme over the next three years. We need:

*Community Learning Programme Coordinator.* To manage and deliver an
inspirational and informative ICT outreach programme. To develop and
sustain links with community groups across South Yorkshire. To focus
upon the benefits of recycled technology and free software for
under-resourced groups and individuals.

30 hrs per week, £18,000 pro rata

*Community Learning Programme IT Technician.* To develop and maintain an
open source media lab to support Community Learning in various venues.
To investigate ways recycled and therefore donated computers can be made
available to Community Learning Programme participants for home use.

22.5 hrs per week, £16,000 pro rata.

*Deadline for Applications 10/07/06. *

Contact Access Space on (0114) 2495522 for an application pack.

Access Space promotes cultural diversity and equal opportunities.

Posts funded by The National Lottery through Big Lottery Fund.

Jim Prevett			|	1 Sidney St
Digital Arts Programme Manager	|	Sheffield, S1 4RG

ACCESS SPACE			| 	t:  +44 (0)114 249 5522
Reg. Charity 1103837		| 	w: www.access-space.org