[SlugBug] Alan Cox speaking in Sheffield on Sat 4th Feb

Chris chris at slugbug.org.uk
Tue Jan 24 08:57:47 GMT 2006

Hi

In case people haven't seen this...

Chris

----- Forwarded message from Bob Holland <bobholland at bradwell.net> -----

Saturday 4 February
============
Over the Christmas break I sent you preliminary details about a presentation
by Alan Cox which is to be held on Saturday 4 February. This is now confirmed
and full details are included below. With two weeks to go it looks like we
will have a good attendance for this event, so if you have not already done
so please register for this rare opportunity to hear Alan and avoid
disappointment.

At the same event, we will be privileged to welcome Megan Larko to South
Yorkshire. Until very recently, Megan was a Senior Sysadmin at NASA/Goddard
Space Flight Center. Although she continues to act as a consultant to
NASA/GSFC she is taking up a new appointment in February. In between she is
visiting the UK and has volunteered to give a short presentation about her
work with Linux at NASA.

Both of our speakers have kindly agreed to extend their day in Sheffield and
attend a ShefLUG meeting in the afternoon. Subject to room availability, this
will be held at Sheffield Hallam University (Stoddart Building) and will
provide an opportunity for you to meet the speakers informally and to ask
those searching questions you thought of immediately after leaving the
morning presentation! This will run from approximately 2:00pm to 4:00pm - if
you would like to attend this please let me know directly so I can arrange a
suitable room. Further details on this session can be found at
http://www.sheflug.co.uk/

The details of the morning presentation are...