[SlugBug] MediaWiki LocalSettings.php

Bill Best bill at commedia.org.uk
Tue Sep 27 12:40:11 BST 2005

hi

i've just recently installed a version of MediaWiki and i would like top
use the same set-up as the SlugBug wiki i.e. visitors can view all/most
poages but need to log in to edit them.

i've read the FAQ etc but would just like to quickly know the relevant
settings in LocalSettings.php as i currently have the following as per
the FAQ:

> $wgGroupPermissions['*']['createaccount'] = false;
> $wgGroupPermissions['*']['edit'] = false;
> $wgWhitelistRead = array( "Main Page", "Special:Userlogin" );
> $wgGroupPermissions['*']['read'] = false;

but visitors to my wiki can currently edit the Main Page but not view
the other pages.

many thanks in advance.

bill