[SlugBug] Re: Ubuntu Mass Install

Andy Davidson andy at nosignal.org
Fri Nov 4 10:59:24 GMT 2005

cc: slugbug so that public scrutiny of my comments can still take place
despite my disconnection from shef-lug.

Hi, Alan --

you wrote:
 > I have 40 pc's that need Ubuntu Linux installing on them
 > Is there a quick and easy way of doing this?
 > Disk Imaging, is that likely to be the quickest ?

If you are building a set of identically configured installations, then
you would be well advised to evaluate System Imager which integrates
into any Linux distribution, but worked particularly well under Debian.

If there's some budget, then Acronis True Image 9 is extremely good.
It's not free, but it's helped with every recent mass install I have had
to do.

-a