[SlugBug] Mailman on a Raq

Bruno Postle bruno at postle.net
Thu May 12 16:27:05 BST 2005

On Thu 12-May-2005 at 15:39 +0100, Matthew Gray wrote:

> I'm trying to install Mailman on a Cobalt Raq4r. I built it ok, (i
> think, at least there are no errors) and tried to configure it to
> use sendmail as the MTA. The web interface works fine, but no
> emails are sent, and any emails sent to the lists bounce back. I
> tried altering the sendmail aliases to include the list email
> addresses, but still no joy.

I once set up a RaQ3 with mailman (5 years ago yikes!).  Looking at
my notes, I had a problem with the sendmail wrappers:

Basically, anything that needed to be executed by sendmail had to be
in /usr/adm/sm.bin.

(incoming mail is normally delivered to
"|/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman" via a pipe and this wouldn't work)

You could change the sendmail default or put the 'mailman'
executable in /usr/adm/sm.bin and edit your aliases to suit.

--
Bruno