[SlugBug] (Fwd) Postfix and Mailman with virtual hosting

Bruno Postle bruno at postle.net
Wed Aug 17 11:17:13 BST 2005

On Mon 15-Aug-2005 at 10:03 +0100, Matthew Gray wrote:

> The problem is when I try to make the Mailman write virtual alias
> maps for postfix. I added the following to the virtual_alias_maps
> variable in main.cf :
>
> hash:/usr/local/mailman/data/virtual-mailman

You are confusing postfix 'aliases' with 'virtual' email addresses.

Postfix virtual_whatever_* settings are for handling virtual email
addresses and are not related to mailman which needs to use system
aliases.

Notice that the format of 'aliases' map files are quite different to
'virtual' map files (which map entire email addresses).

You need something like this:

  alias_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/aliases,
      hash:/usr/local/mailman/data/virtual-mailman

--
Bruno