[SlugBug] Farsi font installation

Bruno Postle bruno at postle.net
Wed Oct 20 13:58:15 BST 2004

On Wed 20-Oct-2004 at 12:48 +0100, Saifi Tamjidi wrote:

> > Do you have Farsi fonts working in other applications?
>
> No, I have been trying with open office too. Problem is in istallation
> of fonts. I have followed the below instruction,

What distribution are you using?  This stuff works _much_ better
with a recent version of Pango etc...

I think you are using fedora core, if so installing fonts is very
easy, just copy the font file to /usr/share/fonts/ and run the
fc-cache command:

  cp MyFont.ttf /usr/share/fonts
  fc-cache /usr/share/fonts

Depending on your version of openoffice, you might have to do
something different for that:

  cp MyFont.ttf /usr/lib/openoffice/share/fonts/truetype
  fc-cache /usr/lib/openoffice/share/fonts/truetype

--
Bruno